Tangled: The Series is an American 2D-animated musical fantasy television series that premiered on Disney Channel on March 10, 2017 as a movie, and began airing regular episodes from March 24, 2017. It is based on Disney's 2010 computer-animated film Tangled directed by Nathan Greno and Byron Howard. It takes place between the original movie and the short Tangled Ever After. A teaser trailer was released during the Disney Channel Original Movie, The Swap. It began as a Disney Channel Original Movie, titled Tangled: Before Ever After, which premiered on March 10, 2017.
Set between the events of the feature film and the start of the 2012 short film, Tangled Ever After, the animated series unfolds as Rapunzel acquaints herself with her parents, her kingdom and the people of Corona. Her irrepressible spirit and natural curiosity about the world drives her to the realization that there is so much more she needs to learn before she can truly accept her royal destiny. She boldly puts her crown and impending marriage on hold to seek out epic adventures, much to the dismay of the King who, after missing out on Rapunzel's youth, must accept that his daughter is now an independent young woman. Accompanying Rapunzel on her journey will be Eugene; the plucky chameleon sidekick, Pascal; the no-nonsense horse, Maximus; The Snuggly Duckling Pub Thugs; and newcomer Cassandra, a tough-as-nails handmaiden, who becomes Rapunzel's confidant.
- Mandy Moore as Rapunzel
- Zachary Levi as Flynn Rider
- Julie Bowen as Queen Arianna
- Clancy Brown as King Frederic
- Eden Espinosa as Cassandra
- Jeff Ross as Hook Foot
- Richard Kind as Uncle Monty
- Jeffrey Tambor as Big Nose
- Paul F. Tompkins as Shorty
- M. C. Gainey as Captain of the Guard
- Sean Hayes as Pete the Guard
- Peter MacNicol as Nigel the Advisor
- Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje as Xavier the Blacksmith
- Diedrich Bader as Stan the Guard
- Charles Halford as Pub Thug Vladimir
- Steve Blum as Pub Thug Attila Buckethead
- James Monroe Iglehart as Lance Strongbow
- Jeremy Jordan as Varian
- Jonathan Banks as Quirin, Varian's father
- Main article: List of Tangled: The Series episodes
|Season||Episodes||Original airing (U.S. dates)|
|Season premiere||Season finale|
|Movie||March 10, 2017|
|1||March 24, 2017|
- Rapunzel's hair magically grew back.
- The series is reportedly planned to air seventy-eight episodes over the course of three seasons.
- Three TV specials, including Tangled: Before Ever After are planned for March 2017, November 2017, and February 2018.
- The show was originally scheduled to premiere in June 2017 but was moved up to March in the same year.
- Four animated shorts will be released on April 11 by Disney Studios.