Corona is an island kingdom and the birthplace of Rapunzel in the 2010 animated feature film Tangled.
Places of interestEdit
- The Castle: This is the home of Queen Arianna and King Frederic, their daughter Rapunzel and later, their son-in-law Flynn Rider.
- The Village: The village is the area where the actual residents live in Corona. The city surrounds the castle on the island.
- The Market Place: It is in this area that Rapunzel and Flynn explore and dance.
- The Sea: Where the residents on boats release the floating lanterns on Rapunzel's birthday every year and where Rapunzel and Eugene witness the lanterns during the song "I See the Light".
- The Prison: The Prison where Flynn was held until he was to be hung. Flynn remains here until five Pub Thugs and Maximus help him escape.
- The Chapel: The Chapel is the place where Rapunzel and Eugene get married.
- "Corona" is the Spanish, Catalan, Hungarian and Italian word for "crown".
- In addition, the Polish and Bulgarian word is "korona", and the Portuguese word is "coroa".
- Like the kingdom itself, the word is also associated with light and especially the sun, describing both the faint ring visible during an eclipse and the rings of sunlight filtered through clouds.